Flipkart charges for reverse pick-up and shipping when customers return a product. This fee varies based on the chargeable weight and shipment zone. Flipkart calculates weight on actual weight or volumetric weight, whichever is higher.
The study of this article will help you to know:
- How to identify your rate card for reverse shipping fees?
- How to configure it on the Eshopbox workspace?
How to identify your rate card for Reverse shipping Fees?
- Login to the Flipkart seller account using your credentials.
- From the top menu, go to Payments > Payments Overview.
- On the right, go to Flipkart rate card.
- Select your fulfillment model, then search your category in the product category, click on get rate Card.
- Take fees from the reverse shipping fee table and configure it on the Eshopbox workspace.
How to configure it on Eshopbox?
Navigate to Settings > Fees > + Configure fee and follow the below steps to configure a fee.
Step I - Choose a portal
Select Flipkart from the drop-down and click continue.
Step II - Choose fee name
Select reverse shipping fee from the drop-down and click continue.
Step III - Define the condition
- Configure if the fee values defined are tax inclusive or not. Select yes, if the fee amount configured in charge rules is tax inclusive and no if this is another way. Also, set the tax percentage applicable to the fees.
- Select the condition based on which contact charge fee. Configure this as when the order is customer returned.
Step IV - Set validity period
Select the validity period as definite or indefinite according to the time for which you are configuring fees.
Step V - Configure charge rules
Reverse shipping fee depends on two condition field i.e., shipping zone and weight slab. A single rule can have multiple filters, and you can apply multiple fees.
- Configure the first filter:
- Condition field: Select this as ‘shipping zone’ from the drop-down.
- Click on ‘+’ Add New Condition, configure the second condition:
- Condition field: Select this as ‘weight range’ from the drop-down.
- Condition Operator: Select ‘is’ for this field.
- Condition value: Enter the weight range.
💡 In case there is no defined end range given by Flipkart, you can leave it blank or fill as higher as possible.
- Apply Fees: Select flat fee from the drop-down, fill ‘reverse shipping fee’, then Select per shipment from the drop-down.
After configuring this rule, click continue. You will land to this page to upload fee rules in the bulk screen.
Click on the download fees button and read through the CSV to understand how to configure fee rule in the file that you need to upload. This sample file explains how to configure charge rules.