For every item, you have to pay a weight handling fee to Amazon. Depending upon the weight of every item, Amazon reckons the costs. Amazon calculates weight handling fees based on weight and region from which transfer of product takes place to the buyer's destination. Configure this fee in case of fulfillment by the Amazon model.
The study of this article will help you to know:
- How to identify your rate card for the FBA weight handling fee?
- How to configure it on the Eshopbox workspace?
How to identify your rate card for FBA weight handling fees?
- To identify your weight handling fee, navigate to amazon.
- Click on the pricing & fee section. You will see different fees charged by amazon on this page.
- Go to end of Easy-ship weight handling fee table > Considering FBA? Learn more about FBA fees.
- Go to 'step 3: calculate your fulfillment fees'> select Standard from the drop-down of 'based on the table above, what is your product (when packaged)?'.
- Take fee from the 'Shipping fee (weight handling fee)' table and configure it on the Eshopbox workspace.
How to configure it on Eshopbox?
Navigate to Settings > Fees > + Configure fee and follow the below steps to configure a fee.
Step I - Choose a portal
Select Amazon from the drop-down and click continue.
Step II - Choose fee name
Select the weight handling fee from the drop-down and click continue.
Step III - Define the condition
- Configure if the fee values defined are tax inclusive or not. Select yes, if the fee amount configured in charge rules is tax inclusive and no if this is another way. Also, set the tax percentage applicable to the fees.
- Select the condition based on which contact charge fee. Configure this as when the order is shipped and revered fully in case of a courier return.
Step IV - Set validity period
Select the validity period as definite or indefinite according to the time for which you are configuring fees.
Step V - Configure charge rules
The weight handling fee depends on two condition field i.e., shipping zone and weight slab. A single rule can have multiple filters, and you can apply multiple fees.
- Configure the first filter:
- Condition field: Select this as shipping zone' from the drop-down. - Condition Operator: Select ‘is’ for this field.
- Click on '+' Add New Condition, configure the second condition:
- Condition field: Select this as 'weight range' from the drop-down.
- Condition Operator: Select ‘is’ for this field.
- Condition value: Fill 'start of weight range' kg & 'end of weight range' kg, where the start of the range is inclusive, and the end of the range is exclusive.
- Apply Fees: Select flat fee from the drop-down, fill 'weight handling fee,' then Select per shipment from the drop-down.
After configuring this rule, click continue. You will land to this page to upload fee rules in the bulk screen.
Click on the download fees button and read through the file to understand how to configure fee rule in the CSV that you need to upload. This sample file explains how to configure charge rules.