Flipkart charges the payment collection fee to you for all prepaid and postpaid orders that you receive. The Collection fee will vary depending on the payment type chosen by the customer (Prepaid/Postpaid). For a prepaid order - based on the payment gateway, for a postpaid order - based on cash collection charges. Eshopbox will calculate the collection fee on the final selling price of a product. The final selling price is a sum of the amount paid by the customer, including shipping charges, if any (Price of product + shipping charges). This calculation will remain the same for all sellers irrespective of the category and tier.
The study of this article will help you to know:
- How to identify your rate card for collection fees?
- How to configure it on the Eshopbox workspace?
How to identify your rate card for Collection fees?
- Login to the Flipkart seller account using your credentials.
- Go home from the top menu.
- From the left bar, go to useful links > seller learning center.
- From the right bar, go to quick links > check out the rate card.
- Select your fulfillment model, then search your category in the product category, click on the get rate card.
- Take fees from the collection fees table and configure it on the Eshopbox workspace.
How to configure it on Eshopbox?
Navigate to Settings > Fees > + Configure fee and follow the below steps to configure a fee.
Step I - Choose a portal
Select Flipkart from the drop-down and click continue.
Step II - Choose fee name
Select the collection fee from the drop-down and click continue.
Step III - Define the condition
- Configure if the fee values defined are tax inclusive or not. Select yes, if the fee amount configured in charge rules is tax inclusive. Also, set the tax percentage applicable to the fees.
- Select the condition based on which contact charge fee. Configure this as when the order is shipped and revered fully in case of a courier return.
Step IV - Set validity period
Select the validity period as definite or indefinite according to the time for which you are configuring fees.
Step V - Configure charge rules
The collection fee depends on two condition field i.e., mode of payment and product selling price. A single rule can have multiple filters, and you can apply multiple fees.
- Configure the first filter:
- Condition field: Select this as a ‘payment method’ from the drop-down.
- Condition Operator: Select 'is'
- Condition value: Select 'mode of payment’ from the drop-down.
- Click on ‘+’ add new condition, configure the second condition:
- Condition field: Select this as ‘product selling price’ from the drop-down.
- Condition operator: Select ‘is’ for this field.
- Condition value: Enter product selling price range.
💡 In case there is no defined end range given by Flipkart, you can leave it blank or fill as higher as possible.
- Apply Fees: Select 'type of fee’ from the drop-down, fill ‘collection fee,’ then Select per order item from the drop-down.
After configuring this rule, click continue. You will land to this page to upload fee rules in the bulk screen.
Click on the download fees button and read through the file to understand how to configure fee rule in the CSV that you need to upload. This sample file explains how to configure charge rules.