Configuring fee is an important step, and you require in the following cases:
- Add a new sales channel.
- Your contact charges new fees.
In this article, you will learn how to configure fee which will help to:
- Calculate the expected payables.
- Reconcile actual payables.
Before you start
- You need to know the rules based on which your contact charge fee.
- You need to keep your agreement with the portal handy.
Steps to Configure fee
Navigate to Settings > Fees > + Configure fee and follow the below steps to configure a fee.
Step I - Choose Portal
Select the portal for which you want to configure fees. All integrated portals will be available in this drop-down list. This field is not editable. After selecting a portal, click continue.
💡 Select custom, if the portal for which you want to configure fee is not available in the drop-down.
Step II - Name the Fees
According to the portal selected in the previous step, you will see a list of the fee. Select the name of the fee from the drop-down menu. Fee names will help you track your reconciliation. The name of payable is the same as the name of the fee provided here.
If the fee you want to configure is not available in the drop-down list, click on add custom. Provide the name of fees. This field is not editable.
💡 Already configured fees will not appear in the drop-down. For a custom fee, the fee name cannot be the same as already created fees. You also need to provide the exact fee name which you receive in the payout report for a custom fee.
Step III - Define Conditions
Configure if the fee values defined are tax inclusive or not. Select yes, if the fee amount configured in charge rules is tax inclusive. Also, set the tax percentage applicable to the fees.
Select the condition based on which contact charge fee. The charge condition can be when the item is shipped, returned, or canceled. Make a selection according to your agreement.
- The fee is charged when the order is shipped, and the reversal of fee is in case of return. The reversal can be either entirely or partially. If there is no fee reversal, select no and click continue.
Suppose you are charged a fee, in case of the item return. Select if it is customer return or a courier return or both.
Step IV - Set Validity Period
You need to provide the duration for which this fee will be applicable. You can change the validity period while revising a fee. The following options are available:
- Definite Period- If the fee that you are configuring will be applicable till a specific date
- Indefinite Period- In this case, provide the start date from which fee is applicable.
After selecting the appropriate option, move to the next step by clicking continue.
Step V - Configure Charge Rules
Define charge rules and the amount applicable for this fee.
- “IF” condition
You can select one or more if parameter(s) depending on your fee. Select no fee condition is required for this fee name checkbox if the fee is not dependent on any mentioned parameter. The following parameter are available based on which you can define fee:
- Category: Select the category to which the product belongs.
- Brand: Select the brand to which product belongs
- Payment method: Select the mode of payment, for example, prepaid, postpaid.
- Shipping zone: Shipping of the order is to which area.
- Selling price: The product price for a single unit, the range for the price, can also be provided.
- Weight range: Weight of the product. You can also provide a weight range.
💡 If you want more conditions under this section, please raise this using the Eshopbox support messenger.
- “Then” Condition - Provide appropriate amount when the “IF” condition(s) is satisfied. Fee can be applied to order, order item, or shipment. It is mandatory to provide at least one fee type. The following are the type of fees with their description:
- Flat Fee: The amount that is charged and will not depend on that quantity. For example, INR 15 fixed closing fee is charged per order item when the selling price of the product is between Rs 500-1000.
- Per Unit Fee: When the fee is charged based on per unit quantity. For example, INR 87 shipping fee is charged per shipment when the shipping zone is national, and product weight is 1.5 kg for each additional 1 kg.
- Percentage Fee: Amount calculated according to the percentage value defined for the selling price. For example, a 15% commission fee is charged per order item when the category is the sweater.
In case you add two or more “then” condition, you need to select one of the following parameters:
- Whichever is Higher: Applicable fee will be the highest of all mentioned fee value’.
- Whichever is Lower: Applicable fee will be the lowest of all mentioned fee value.
- Sum of All: Calculation of fee by taking the sum of all mentioned fee value’.
💡 Please make sure the amount that has mentioned here is tax inclusive if you have selected “no” while defining condition.
When you have filled all the details, you can confirm this fee by clicking continue.
Upload Charge rules in bulk
You can also define and upload the charge rules in bulk. Click the ‘skip for now’ button if you do not want to enter more charge rules right now.
- Download the fees template. Read the instructions carefully and fill out the appropriate fields. Complete CSV file and save.
- Eshopbox will process the uploaded CSV file. To track the progress of the uploaded CSV file, click refresh.
- You can see the following screen if you upload the sheet successfully. Now click continue.
You’ll receive a CSV file with the failure reason, in case you do not follow instructions while configuring fee. In this case, rectify the CSV file, click on the replace sheet. Again follow the same process of upload a CSV. Learn how to correct failed charge rules. Click on continue, and you can see the configured fee on the fee detail pane.
💡 After configuring all required fees, you need to add a transaction rule to link the fees with the sales channel.
Clone a Fee
You don’t have to configure a fee from scratch always. You can use the clone action to copy an existing and then edit it. The clone fee creates a copy of the already configured fee. The new fee will contain all charge rules from the old fee. To do so, go to Settings > Fee. Hover on the fee you want to clone.
Click on the clone fee icon.